Loading up FIFA 17 on your consoles recently would have prompted a game update that comes in at around 800mb – quite large for a few simple fixes.
EA have surprised us by including the latest Premier League broadcast package, something which had crossed my mind considering EA’s exclusive partnership with the Premier League over the past few seasons.
Take a look at the full-list of what the FIFA 17 update includes below.
Within this update we have the new components for the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package which you can see below in action…FIFA 17 Community Manager
Addressed the following in gameplay:
- A situation where cancel was unresponsive after requesting a clearance.
- A rare situation where the penalty shootout should have ended earlier.
- Increased the CPU AI tendency to attack directly.
- An issue where players sometimes overrun the ball after a skill move.
- Increased the chance of error from ground crosses (triple tap).
- Improvements to ball physics where shots off the goal posts lose too much speed.
- Goalkeeper positioning for corner kicks.
- Improvements made to player switching from corners and free kicks.
- An issue where the player would control the ball instead of attempting a clearance.
- Improvements to contested headers logic from corner kicks.
- General fixes for player controlled celebrations.
- Cut scene for contentious fouls can now be skipped.
- Improved the general responsiveness of shooting.
- Minor improvement to passing responsiveness when the ball is in the air.
In Pro Clubs, we:
- Increased experience required for the higher overall ratings in Pro Clubs. *
- Addressed an issue where a player’s customised facial features did not display properly in game.
In Ultimate Team:
- FUT Single Player difficulty no longer defaults to your CPU setting.
- Addressed an issue where the player is forced to substitute an injured player in FUT online matches.
- Corrected the shooting and crossing text in custom tactics
In Career mode, we:
- Addressed a situation where the CPU AI would frequently leave star players on the bench.
Visual changes include:
- Added new components of the 2016/17 Premier League broadcast package.
- Updated team kits, banners and flags for Velez Sarsfield and Tigre.
- The goalkeeper now correctly celebrates after catching the final penalty in a shootout.
- Addressed an issue where the selected kit isn’t the one used in-game.
- Addressed frame-rate issue during pre-match skill game.
- Addressed an issue where the fog from a player’s breath was detached from their position.
- General overlay fixes.
*As a result of the change to Pro Clubs, some of you may find you’re a lower OVR than before the update. This is intentional and you haven’t lost any of your progress.
[source: FIFA 17 Forums.
It’s great to see that the update included the Premier League package, EA could have simply just focused on gameplay fixes, rather than go a bit further and include this.
Or was this necessary as part of the agreement? Either way, I’m glad it’s in.
Let me know what you think in the discussion below!